With the ARTissage workshops, weaving becomes an art of living, bringing together the intelligence of the hands and artistic creativity.
Weaving at home between sessions
ARTissage has deliberately chosen to break with the traditional approach of craft weaving in France, by choosing to work with folding, portable looms that can be used on any table, but which are also modern, elegant and precise.
Portable looms for nomadic weavers replace the vast looms which are often left idle in the attic.
The workshops in Chinon in the Loire Valley (37):
Thursday from 1.30 to 5.30 p.m. (once every three weeks)
Thursday from 1.30 to 6.30 p.m. (once a month)
New: Monday from 1.30 to 6.30 p.m (once a month)
Saturdays from 1.30 to 6.30 p.m. (once a month)
New: A week-end / trimester, saturday from 10 am to 7 pm and sunday from 8:30 am to 3:30 pm. Three dates: 12/13 of december 2015, 23/24 of april and 25/26 of june 2016.
- Fee: €118 to €198 per term depending on the workshop, plus €10 annual membership fee.
- Participants can borrow a table loom to weave at home between sessions. They pay for their own yarn.
- Maximum 6 people per session to ensure individual attention, discussion and inspiration.
- Trainees have access to a substantial specialist book collection on site.
- The workshops can be held elsewhere in the region on request. Don’t hesitate to contact us…